Each year MWGB features a Poker Run on Friday (consult schedule for start location/times). This is an activity designed to get you out into the community to see some sights and have some fun.
We give 5 hours to complete the run. If you did the route start to finish, it would take about 1.5 hours (give or take, based on the stop locations for the current year) to visit all the stops, but the 5 hour slot gives you plenty of time to enjoy each stop, grab some lunch with friends, and do some caching between spots.
The poker run kicks off at 10am in Spangler Arena. We ask everyone to take a seat in the grandstand and wait for your row to be called to start. This will help us with a more orderly start and prior to letting everyone go we will review the rules and take any questions. You don't have to take a seat, but everyone seated in the grandstands will be released first, followed by anyone standing. So stand if you like, but it will be more helpful for us and more comfortable and quick for you if you take a seat.
At the start of the kickoff, you will be dismissed in groups to get your entry card. One card per player, players must be 18+, and must be present to receive the card.
Once you have your card, you can head to the Event Store nearby to collect your first "poker card". This will calibrate you about what you are looking for at each stop and how to affix it to your entry card.
You can drop off your entry card beginning at 2pm in Spangler Arena. Drop your card off and move on. We will play the results of the poker run on a large overhead projector. You should clear the drop-off area and move into the center area with tables and chairs to watch the results. This leaves the drop-off area open for players who are returning.
The results are played back live and finish by about 4pm (give or take - it can depend on the number of entries and any technical difficulties). The results are announced at the end of playback and you must be present to win. So stick around!
The results are played back live and you can see hands being evaluated and when top ranked hands are unseated by better hands. Enjoy the excitement of the results, hang out with friends and visit the vendors while the results unfold live.
- Take only 1 sticker at each stop!
- 1 entry per person.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Submit entries by 3pm at Spangler Arena - no late entries!
- You must be present at the end of the results to win.
- Drive safely it’s not a race. You can visit stops in any order. Don’t speed or drive recklessly. It takes ~1.5 hrs to visit all stops.
- Time of submission does not play a part in the prizes.
- Don’t overwhelm stops, these small businesses volunteered to host us – please don’t crowd 100 people into their storefront or parking lot… if it looks packed – go find a nearby cache & come back.
- Ties & disputes will be decided by -Eleanor-, and trippy1976 (the judges).
Example Entry Card: