RV vs Regular Site

• theklines537
  • theklines537's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #248 by theklines537
theklines537 created the topic: RV vs Regular Site
We have a 31 foot travel trailer including hitch w/ 3 foot slide out. Looking for feedback on which site to book. I was advised that regular site are 38 feet diagonal but not sure I want to deal with squeezing in a site. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Never been so not sure how the layout is. Also, they mention extension cords, our camper is a 30 amp so not sure how that would work either lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #265 by TheDenvernators
TheDenvernators replied the topic: RV vs Regular Site
30 amp is not a problem. In fact a few years ago they upgraded so 20 amp usually requires a reducer.

We have a 30 footer, tip to tail. We pull across an average campsite, slide to the road. Might be hard to do if you don't know your neighbors, we're usually there early, and last to leave, so little chance at being boxed in.
You could back it in to the line between the sites, also, and then park next to it. Or park elsewhere depending on your site. The RV sites (most are spoken for I believe) are all back in sites. There is a dump station on site, free for campers, as well as the RV sites have sewer available. Water is scarce too, but we've managed to cobble together hoses to fill tanks when needed. I usually arrive with a tank of water, or fill when I get there and use sparingly for showers and flushes.
Does that help? What site(s) are you considering? I can probably get more detailed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Team Shydog

• theklines537
  • theklines537's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #266 by theklines537
theklines537 replied the topic: RV vs Regular Site
Your info was helpful, thanks!

I think we are going to plan ahead for next year and try to get one of the 1-22 RV sites with full hook up so we don't need to worry about anything lol

More
2 years 3 months ago #285 by GHBuccaneers
GHBuccaneers replied the topic: RV vs Regular Site
There are still RV sites available. Look at the map and pick one. The higher numbers are farther from the highway.

More
2 years 3 months ago #287 by TheDenvernators
TheDenvernators replied the topic: RV vs Regular Site
Yes, there are others open, but only 1-21 have sewer on site.
But if you're rolling in on Fri and out on Sunday, most holding tanks will be fine, just limit showers/dishwashing.
We're there for longer, and use a porta tank to dump our grey water once. We could avoid that if we used the local showers, but then we bought our camper to enjoy it's comforts.

More
2 years 2 months ago #452 by rayt333
rayt333 replied the topic: RV vs Regular Site
You may want to consider getting two adjoining site to have plenty of space.

More
2 years 2 months ago #482 by snoop
snoop replied the topic: RV vs Regular Site
I have an extra RV site. If anyone is looking for one, it is site H50. I'll be parked at H42. Or message me at geocaching.com, goldsnoop-

More
2 years 2 months ago #535 by snoop
snoop replied the topic: RV vs Regular Site
RV site number 50 is still available. I'll be in RV 42, That's in the H section up against the fence

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds