Camping with children?

• sasha1011
  • sasha1011's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago #998 by sasha1011
sasha1011 created the topic: Camping with children?
Last year I stayed in a hotel down the street, but this year my daughter is attending with me so we're going to give camping a try. There's a chance my son might decide to come as well, but it's really hard to motivate him. I'd love to get a campsite near another family(ies) with kids around the same age (daughter is 9, son is 7). What is your campsite number?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #999 by M0m0f5
M0m0f5 replied the topic: Camping with children?
I think there are families with kids that age just about everywhere! Well, everywhere except Area 51, that is. We are in the RV area and my kids stay busy all weekend! We are close to the turnpike, so there is a bit of highway noise all day and night. You may want to look further down if you are tent camping. Wherever you are there will be lots of kids of all different ages. This year I will have 16 year old boy, 11 year old boy, and 9 (going on 20) year old girl. My attendees are dropping as they get older.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sasha1011

More
1 year 2 months ago #1002 by Shaved Ewok
Shaved Ewok replied the topic: Camping with children?
I have camped the past 5 years in a tent and have enjoyed it every time. We ussually camp down by the turnpike and have never had an issue with the noise. The big thing to remember is to find a way to beat the heat.

More
1 year 2 months ago #1003 by gvsu4msu
gvsu4msu replied the topic: Camping with children?
The lower end of Section K tends to not be as filled with people camping, although that is closer to the Turnpike (if you are not a sound sleeper) but that is a great place for kids to run around and have fun. Really anywhere in Section K is usually quite open.

Our kiddos are about the same age as yours and they have been camping for the last six years.

If you have bikes, bring them - that is a great way to get around the fairgrounds. There are always kids playing around in Spangler Arena too. They always have something to occupy the kids with...I think it was sport themed beach balls last year.

Moderators: M0m0f5grandpotentate
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds